18 Oct 10 Tips for getting the most from your benchtop
Posted at 17:03h in Tips + Tricks
- Follow the care and maintenance instructions provided by the manufacturer.
- Always ask about the warranty
- Look at a large sample of the material, even a slab if possible – what looks good online or in a magazine doesn’t always match expectations in reality….
- Consider what type of sink you want – a top-mounted sink can be used with any material, while an under-mounted sink doesn’t work with all benchtops.
- Make sure the installer is accredited to fabricate and install the product.
- Don’t place hot saucepans directly on the benchtop.
- Don’t slice and dice foods directly on the surface – use a chopping board.
- Don’t allow stains to settle overnight – wipe away any spills quickly.
- Consider the cons when using a mother of pearl product, some degradation of the shell is expected over time and is quite normal.
- Consider the type of cleaning products you use and refer to the manufacturer’s instructions. Not all cleaning products are suitable for all surfaces – some products can dull the surface or strip the colour.